- Add the mushrooms to a food processor. Pulse in 10 second intervals until the mushrooms are finely chopped into pieces of similar size.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high. Add the mushrooms and cook until they just begin to soften, 2 minutes. Add the pork. Continue to cook for 7 to 10 minutes, until the meat is no longer pink and cooked completely through. Turn off the heat. All liquid should evaporate. If it doesn’t, drain the blend.
- Stir in the pineapple juice, chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, paprika, salt, chipotle chili powder, oregano, and black pepper. Return the heat to medium and cook for 1 more minute, stirring often.
- To make the slaw, stir together cabbage, green onion, pineapple, cilantro, jalapenos, lime juice, pineapple juice, and sea salt in a large bowl.
- For each taco, top a warm tortilla with the al pastor mushroom and pork blend. Top with some slaw before serving.
Click here to see the recipe on the Mushroom Council's website.