- Preheat oven to 425˚F. Toss together Brussels sprouts, 2 tablespoons olive oil and 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Transfer to parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Roast for 18 to 25 minutes or until tender and lightly charred in spot. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat remaining oil in large skillet set over medium heat; slice, then cook mushrooms, thyme and 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper (do no overcrowd the pan, cook in batches if needed). Set aside.
- Whisk together lemon juice, tahini and 1 tablespoon water until smooth. Stir in yogurt, garlic, lemon zest, cumin and remaining salt and pepper.
- Stir together farro and Brussels sprouts. Divide among 4 bowls. Arrange mushrooms, avocado and alfalfa sprouts on top. Sprinkle with pumpkin seeds and drizzle with tahini sauce. Garnish with parsley.
- Use shiitake stems to flavor vegetable broths and stocks.
- If desired, substitute broccoli, cauliflower or romesco sauce for Brussels sprouts.
Click here to see the recipe on The Mushroom Council's website.