Avocado & Farro Harvest Buddha Bowl
March 11, 2021 • 0 comments
From The Mushroom Council - With meaty shiitake mushrooms, this healthy vegetarian power bowl with a tahini drizzle will give you loads of energy.
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Servings: 4
- (1/2 lb) Brussels sprouts, halved
- (1/4 cup) Olive oil
- (3/4 tsp) Salt & Pepper
- (1 pint) Shiitake Mushrooms
- (1 Tbsp) Fresh Thyme, chopped
- (3 Tbsp) Lemon Juice
- (2 Tbsp) Tahini Paste
- (1/3 cup) Greek yogurt, plain
- (1 clove) Garlic, minced
- (1 tsp) Lemon zest
- (1/4 tsp) Ground Cumin
- (1 cup) Farro, cooked according to package directions
- (1) Avocado, halved, peeled, pitted, and sliced
- (1 cup) Alfalfa sprouts
- (1/3 cup) Pumpkin seeds, toasted
- (2 Tbsp) Fresh Parsley, chopped
- Preheat oven to 425˚F. Toss together Brussels sprouts, 2 tablespoons olive oil and 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Transfer to parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Roast for 18 to 25 minutes or until tender and lightly charred in spot. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat remaining oil in large skillet set over medium heat; slice, then cook mushrooms, thyme and 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper (do no overcrowd the pan, cook in batches if needed). Set aside.
- Whisk together lemon juice, tahini and 1 tablespoon water until smooth. Stir in yogurt, garlic, lemon zest, cumin and remaining salt and pepper.
- Stir together farro and Brussels sprouts. Divide among 4 bowls. Arrange mushrooms, avocado and alfalfa sprouts on top. Sprinkle with pumpkin seeds and drizzle with tahini sauce. Garnish with parsley.
- Use shiitake stems to flavor vegetable broths and stocks.
- If desired, substitute broccoli, cauliflower or romesco sauce for Brussels sprouts.
Click here to see the recipe on The Mushroom Council's website.