Oyster Mushroom Toast with Black Pepper Ricotta and Lemon Dressed Microgreens
March 11, 2021 • 0 comments
From The Mushroom Council - Rich oyster mushrooms are combined with creamy ricotta and sweet cherry tomatoes in these bite-size toasts. The microgreens sprinkled on top add a burst of refreshing lemon flavor that balances the pleasant earthiness of the mushrooms for an appetizer or snack that is both beautifully presented and delicious.
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Servings: 10 toasts
- (2/3 cup) Whole milk ricotta cheese
- (1 Tbsp) fresh chives, chopped
- (1/2 tsp) Sea salt
- (1/2 tsp) Ground black pepper
- (2 1/2 Tbsp) Extra virgin olive oil
- (1) Shallot, thinly sliced
- (1/2 pint) Oyster Mushrooms
- (1 cup) Cherry tomatoes
- (3/4 cup) Microgreens
- (2 tsp) Lemon juice
- (2 tsp) Finishing olive oil
- (10 slices) Baguette, lightly toasted
- Stir together the ricotta, chives, 1/8 teaspoon fine sea salt, and ¼ teaspoon of the black pepper in a medium bowl. Cover and set in the refrigerator until ready to assemble the toasts.
- Heat the 2 ½ tablespoons of olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the shallot and cook for 90 seconds, stirring often. It will brown a bit in the oil as it softens. Add the mushrooms. Cook for 2 more minutes, stirring often, until the mushrooms darken and shrink. Add the tomatoes, continue to cook stirring constantly, for about 3 minutes, until the tomatoes begin to burst and the mushrooms are tender. If you have some larger tomatoes mixed in, pricking them with a fork will help them to burst.
- Remove from the heat and stir in ¼ teaspoon salt and the remaining ¼ teaspoon of black pepper.
- Transfer the microgreens to a small bowl. Toss with the lemon juice, finishing olive oil, and the remaining 1/8 teaspoon of salt.
Click here to read the recipe on The Mushroom Council's website.