20+ Recipe ideas for the Big Game 🏈 & V-Day 🖤
With game day and Valentine's Day right next to each other this year, it's sure to be a food-filled few days coming up... Whether you're watching SB LVI for the game, the commercials, or the food, or celebrating V-Day with your boo or you're just treating yo' self to a nice dinner... we've got you covered with recipes and ingredients!
🏈 Game Day
Shredded Chicken or King Oyster Mushroom
- Ways to use - in a buffalo dip (check out this amazing hot sauce!), in a BBQ sauce for sliders or sandwiches (or a BBQ pizza), with salsa or taco seasoning for tacos, nachos, or taco dip.
- To prepare shredded chicken - in the crock pot, cook in water/broth or your final dish's sauce for 4-6 hours, then shred with a fork or an electric hand mixer (can be messy but SUPER effective)
- To prepare shredded king oyster - shred with a fork while raw, then saute in a dry pan, and mix with sauce.
Chicken Wings & Oyster Mushroom “Chicken” Wings
- Ways to use - with your favorite wing sauce and dip.
- To prepare chicken - try baking or air frying, “naked” or breaded. If you’re looking for something more substantial (and less expensive!) try drumsticks!
- To prepare mushrooms - rip apart the oyster mushroom and use a batter in oil to get a crispy wing-like texture.
- Ways to use - fill criminis or portobellos with your choice of filling, and broil or bake until tender and cooked through.
- Filling recommendations - cream cheese, stuffing, sausage, lion’s mane “crab” cake, goat cheese.
- Check out our recipe card for stuffed mushrooms here!
Try wrapping your stuffed mushrooms in bacon, chicken drumsticks, or try making king oyster scallops wrapped in bacon!
Other Game Day Foods
🖤 Valentine’s Day
- Oyster mushroom toast with ricotta
- Mushroom marsala baked brie
- Polenta rounds with mushrooms and onions
- Goat cheese crostini with wild mushrooms
- Stuffed mushrooms (see ideas above)
- Bacon wrapped king oyster scallops
- Sirloin steak with mushrooms and roasted potatoes
- Lion's Mane "crab" cake stuffed portobellos with a side salad and roasted potatoes